Friday, April 10, 2009

Flat Ellie Visits East Coast Hawkins


Ellie, my cousin Maggie's daughter, sent us a Flat Ellie doll recently. I had a lot of fun taking pictures of her around New York and with my family. Maggie said there was a bit of a competition going on at school about who's "Flat" would travel the farthest...I don't know if New York is far enough away, but since Flat Ellie was in my tote bag every day for two weeks, I'm sure she put on the most commuter miles! She had a couple of mishaps along the way. One of her eyes fell off, but my assistant Katy found it and taped it back on. And she got a bit wet because it always seemed to be raining when I had time to take some photos. And, one morning I took her out of my bag and her head was bent way back, so I had to put some masking tape on the back of her neck so she wouldn't look headless in the remaining photos.






























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Flat Ellie = what a lucky piece of paper..ha ha