Thursday, September 27, 2007

Along Came A Spider

Look what appeared on our back porch last night. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but she's really big (for some reason, I think of It as She). Her body is at least as big as a penny. Her web is spectacular, spread across the doorway. I left the door open last night, hoping she would take the hint and leave. But this morning, she's still there. And after work...still there. I might have to relocate her to the neighbor's backyard later tonight. Shhhhh!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

You could relocate to Minneapolis...we don't have spiders here (or wait, maybe we do...but they aren't that creepy looking)

bec said...

I remember lots and lots of Daddy Long Legs. My mom used to say it was bad luck to kill them, so we'd catch them and put them outside. Maybe the MN spiders are now just better trained than the NJ spiders!

And by the way, "relocate" is no longer in our family vocabulary! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow 40. You've hardly changed at all ... a little less hair. I'll tip an extra Glenfiddich (that stuff is mighty fine) in your honor.

Happy bday to Siobhan as well. What a smarty pants too.

I hope this finds you all well and happy.

UT