Sunday, July 26, 2009

Theater Night

Siobhan and I saw a play last night. We went to Tkts, hoping to see In the Heights, but the only seats available didn't have a full stage view.
So, our second choice was Mary Stuart, and we got good seats, toward the front of the mezzanine. In theory, Siobhan was interested in the show because she studied Bloody Mary in 9th grade history. Well, studying it and seeing it on stage are two different things. Afterwards, she said she enjoyed the experience, but not the show. It was a bit long and dull for her.
Next time, we'll try for a fast paced musical!

I drove.

Lincoln Tunnel traffic wasn't too bad.
We only had to wait in the Tkts line for about 15 minutes.
Then a quick dinner at Ruby Tuesday. Not so glam, but also not a big tourist trap/rip off like so many other restaurants in the theater district.
We walked through Times Square on our way to the theater and took a few photos. In this one, Siobhan's telling me that I'm weird.

My pretty baby girl.
The theater on 44th Street.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She didn't scream "Mommy, I don't like this movie" during the play did she? (Amal and the night visitors in S.F. with Henry-do you remember?)

Looks like a good girlie day for both of you pretty girls...I'm jealous !

bec said...

I remember that!

kelle grogan said...

thats a great picture of you and siobhan! beautiful.
i also need your address please.
gracias.